Saturday, February 12, 2011

“I don't even know what I was thinking. Obviously I wasn't in my right mind.”-S.V.G

Often times people say "Listen to what just happened to me. You're not going to believe this...". Then, after a 20 minute rant about something you're not really sure of because, to be honest you stopped listening after 5 minutes, you realize you were just let down and wasted 20 minutes of your life that you'll never get back.

Well, this is not one of those stories....


What do you do when the Old Orlando Magic Arena (The Amway Center) is preparing to gut, and auction off it's innards? you go take the scenic tour of course! So, that's what I did. We were able to freely troll the arena, and scout out all the cool stuff they were going to auction off. This included touring places most civilians are never allowed to go, i.e, the player's locker room! I was able to stand in the shower where some of my favorite players had washed their sweaty, naked bodies *insert little girl squeal*. We played around in the physical therapy room, and we even saw the coaches old lockers! Most importantly, we went into Stan Van Gundy's old office. His massive chair was sitting there taunting me. It called to me in ways I have never been called to. I knew what I wanted..no what I HAD to do. I had to sit in it. I think in a way I was hoping I'd feel his power if I did. Well, I felt the power, but it didn't come to me in the way I thought it would. As I went to sit down in the massive cushioned throne, it went out from underneath me and I fell straight to the ground. My loving man tried to help me up, but I fell I needed to absorb this amazing moment. How many people can say they fell in a major head coach's office? Not many people. But, you know who can? This guy right here! Lucky for me, there is photographic proof to back me up on my now most favorite story ever to tell!

I guess it will never be in my cards to be the head coach of an almost championship winning basketball team. Thanks Jesus for letting me down the easy way..well, minus the bruise on my butt..but it's appreciated regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment